Inclusion Quality Mark
Lea Valley High School was designated a Centre of Excellence for Inclusion following an initial IQM inspection in July 2014. A review takes place annually to ensure the school fully meets the standard required by the IQM and to retain its Centre of Excellence. As a Centre of Excellence the school must show that they:
- Are committed to Inclusion.
- Show developing capacity to sustain inclusive practice.
- Have good mechanisms to disseminate, share, encourage and influence inclusive good practice between schools.
- Are engaged in activities and in-house research that explore inclusive practice.
- Maintain the Inclusive Self Review as an annual record of progress and development.
- Commit to an annual IQM visit to validate, support and advise the school about its progress and produce a report to help planning for future developments.
- Are ready to contribute positively to the overall development aims of IQM.
This year’s review took place on Tuesday 24th May. During the review, the assessor observed our practice in the classroom and spoke to a number of students and staff about our practice. He looked at our KS3 reading programmes, met with the Student Parliament and Learning Council and interviewed groups of students including the most able, SEND and high attainers. He also spent time with the Lead Practitioners, Director of Inclusion, SENCo and a selection of pastoral staff. Following our review it was confirmed that we will maintain our Centre of Excellence status and that following our next review we will be considered for Flagship status.